RULES AND TERMS:
The International Film Festival with Alternative Media (FICMA) seeks to promote and disseminate the creation of quality films made with mobile devices and non-professional cameras such as smartphones, tablets, Action Cameras, drones and non-conventional and creative media.
In its third edition the theme of the festival is the Immersive technology, so i opens the category of short films in 360 ° format, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality, as well as the University Short Film category.
FICMA will be held from november 21 to november 24 2018 in Mexico City.
Rules & Terms
- National and foreign filmmakers could be able to participate with films produced between 2016 and 2018.
- The registration will be from 1 June 2018 and the deadline for receipt of entries is 31 August 2018.
- Films must be record with devices such as smartphones, tablets, action cameras, drones, cameras Dslr, 360° cameras, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Technologies and any other alternative and original techniques.
- Films made with cameras like Red One, Scarlet X, Epic, Torri Alexa, Sony f6, Black Magic, 35mm, 16mm, handycams or any conventional or professional camera, will not be accepted.
- Submitted films will have to clearly specify which devices or creative media were used for his realization, proving it through pics, stills or videos.
- Narrative Feature Film: Narrative works of fiction with a running time of minimum 45 minutes, maximum 120 minutes including credits. Free thematic.
- Narrative Short Film: Narrative works of fiction with a running time of minimum 1 minute, maximum 30 minutes including credits. Free thematic.
- Documentary Feature Film: Documentary works with a running time of minimum 45 minutes, maximum 120 minutes including credits. Free thematic.
- Documentary Short Film: Documentary works with a running time of minimum 1 minute, maximum 30 minutes including credits. Free thematic.
- Immersive Realities Short Film: Projects made with 360 ° technologies, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality, with a minimum duration of 1 minute and a maximum of 30 minutes including credits, free themes, whether fiction, documentary or entertainment in general, projects must be uploaded to the platform of FILMFREEWAY with link of Youtube or Vimeo, with the specifications recommended by the same platforms.
The RV, RA and 360 ° shorts must be able to playback on any device with gyroscope and / or VR visors.
- Animation Short Film: Productions made with digital animation methods, creative and non-conventional media, that fulfill with the requests of the festival, such as not using professional cameras. With a running time of minimum 1 minute, maximum 30 minutes including credits. Free thematic.
- Experimental Short Film: Projects made with non-conventional and/or abstract methods of narrative, looking for expression through new symbolisms and alternative resources to express concepts and experiences that fulfill with the requests of the festival of not using professional cameras. With a running time of minimum 1 minute, maximum 30 minutes including credits. Free thematic.
- Mexican Narrative Short Film: Narrative productions made ONLY WITH smartphones, Action Cameras, Dsrl cameras or drones. With a running time minimum of 1 minute, maximum of 30 minutes including credits. Free thematic.
- Mexican Documentary Short Film: Documentary productions made ONLY WITH smartphones, Action Cameras, Dsrl cameras or Drones. With a running time minimum of 1 minute, maximum of 30 minutes including credits. Free thematic.
- University Short Film (Documentary or Fiction): Productions made by film students, Communication Sciences or related careers, as long as they can verify it with a document that certifies that they are part of the university enrollment and produced exclusively with Smartphones, with a minimum 1 minute and a maximum of 30 minutes including credits, free theme.
Note: Mexican filmmakers who want to participate in the categories of fiction feature film; documentary feature film, animation short film, experimental short film, 360°, RV and RA shorts may register in the International section as long as they meet the specifications of devices allowed in the regulations.
SUBMISSIONS AND FEE CONDITIONS:
- The filmmakers will only be able to submit and pay the registration fees for their films through the FILMFREEWAY platform for viewing and have a password , in which it is obligatory to have the download option enabled, in the following link:
- The format for viewing and downloading is MP4 1920 x 1080 full HD or the best quality that your device or camera allows, physical copies will not be accepted.
- The registration fee for international feature film categories will be:
- Early fee: from June 1 to July 15 – $ 9 USD
- Late fee: from July 16 to August 31 – $ 12 USD
- The registration fee for international short film categories will be:
- Early fee: from June 1 to July 15 – $ 4 USD
- Late fee: from July 16 to August 31 – $ 6 USD
- The registration fee for Mexican categories will be:
- Early fee: from June 1 to July 15 – Free
- Late fee: from July 16 to August 31 – $ 5 USD
- Films in a language different from Spanish or English must be subtitled on any of those languages or will not be accepted.
- Participants will be able to submit one or more films in all categories, there is no limit on the number of projects to register, paying the registration fee for each one.
- Video clips, advertising spots, government or corporate videos will not be accepted.
- Once a film is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn.
- Participants are required to submit Digital Press Kits containing: Film Stills (300dpi, format jpg or tiff), Director’s photography (300dpi, format .jpg or tiff), Film poster (300dpi, format .jpg or tiff), Production Making-of photos (300dpi, format .jpg or tiff) and trailer (optional) on the FILMFREEWAY platform where the material can be downloaded.
- Any doubt, question or further information about submissions, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SELECTION and EXHIBITION:
- The organizing committee will review the films submitted and choose the best of the works in the different categories of the festival and will choose those that will conform the official selection and in competition of FICMA 2018.
- In order to select, the committee will evaluate the films taking into consideration the production values of the film (script, direction, photography, edition, quality of the image), devices used to record, use of alternative technologies, creativity and originality.
- The filmmakers who register the film must be credited as the authors of the work, and must possess its copyrights and moral rights. Upon submission, the filmmakers agree to release International Film Festival with Alternative Media from any liability for the possible copyright claims that may arise from any third parties.
- The selected films of the official selection and competition will be part of the festival archives, where they could be used only for cultural and artistic purposes.
- The results of the official selection and competition will be published on October 22, 2018 in the digital platforms and social networks of the festival and the selected ones will be notified by e-mail.
- The festival will be able to use fragments of the films for promotion and diffusion of the same.
- The films of the official selection will be part of itinerant shows and cycles of cinema in exhibition agreements of exhibition with other festivals and institutions.
- The festival did not pay screening fees to films in the official selection or competition.
- The organizing committee will establish the order and date of exhibition of the selected films in the various venues of the event.
JURY and AWARDS
- Professionals of the film industry and cultural feld will form the jury and his decision is final.
- The winners of the different categories in competition and honorable mentions will be announced on the last day of the festival in the closing ceremony by e-mail, media, festival’s web and social networks.
- The members of the jury will not be able to participate in the different categories in competition of the festival.
- No member of FICMA can be part of the jury or compete in the festival.
- The official award is the FICMA TROPHY and a digital or printed certificate, as well as prizes in kind in some categories from our sponsors.
- The festival reserves the right to grant honorific mentions to the works that consider deserving of these.
The registration and participation of a film supposes the full acceptance of the terms and rules of the festival.
The organizing committee will solve any doubt, question or further information in the mail: email@example.com
For submissions click here: